Questions about Petitions

After you have read current term registration questions and previous term registration questions pages and you would like to petition, please check here to see which office you need to meet with. Please be advised, you are petitioning to have an exception granted on a university requirement. APPROVAL IS NOT GUARANTEED.

Office of the Registrar
4th Floor Oregon Hall
Office of Academic Advising
101 Oregon Hall
Adding courses past the deadline (any term)Academic reinstatement
Change in grading option when it affects 168 ABCDP*/45 ABCD credits for GraduationCancellation of academic probation (ONLY IN CASES OF ADMIN ERROR)
Change in grading option past the deadline (current term - weeks 8-10)Cancellation of disqualification
Credit by examRetroactive complete or selective withdrawal for a "W" (term has ended)
Receive credit twice for the same courseRetroactive change in grading option (term has ended)
Refunds for individual courses (not completely withdrawn) in a term (current or retroactive)Retroactive contested grades (term has ended)
Register for more than 24 credits/more than 18 credits on probation (any term)**Refunds for withdrawing from all courses (Complete Withdrawal) in a term (current or retroactive)
Reduction in graduation requirements 
Selective withdrawal past the deadline (current term - weeks 8-10) 
Add or reduce variable credit past deadline (any term) 

**Students wishing to register for 22-24 credits must get approval from their departmental major advisor (if you are undeclared, you will meet with an advisor in the Office of Academic Advising, all other students must meet with departmental advisor).

Scholastic Review Committee Fall 2017 Dates

Tuition Refund Committee - Winter 2018 Dates