The Office of Academic Advising provides the UO advising community with central leadership and coordination for advisor professional development, resources, technology, communication, and advising policy. Specifically, OAA:
- Provide wrap-around advising services for exploring students and students with complicated cases, certain kinds of petitions, or who need more holistic support across multiple units
- Coordinate campus-wide advisor training and professional development
- Manage Navigate advising software platform, training, and best practices
- Coordinate advising interventions, outreach, and best practices
- Offer guidance and assistance to advisors and advising units across campus on policy and individual student situations
- Coordinate campus-wide orientation advising
The Office of Academic Advising is co-located in 101 Oregon Hall with several other offices that provide holistic and comprehensive advising services including PathwayOregon , Center for Multicultural Academic Excellence (CMAE), and TRiO Student Support Services. Additionally, the Accessible Education Center and International Student and Scholar Services are located on the 3rd floor of Oregon Hall.
To make an appointment with an advisor in 101 Oregon Hall, including Office of Academic Advising, PathwayOregon, and Student Support Services/TriO:
- Use Navigate to schedule online
- Call 541-346-3211
Office Hours (by phone or chat only)
- Monday–Friday, 8am-5pm PDT.
Drop-In Advising Hours
Drop-in advising is intended for current UO students with quick questions. Drop-in sessions are limited to 10-15 minutes. Appointments are strongly encouraged.
- Monday through Friday, 11am-3pm (must start a chat no later than 2:45pm)
- Click on Chat link at the top of this page to request drop-in, or call our main number at 541-346-3211.