Tykeson Academic and Career Advisors are organized by Flight Paths listed below. Meet with Tykeson advisors to explore academic and career options and get academic advising related to a major in the College of Arts and Sciences.
Tykeson is a community driven by connection, where relationships
that honor multifaceted identities are built on collaboration,
compassion, vulnerability, and trust. We balance investment in
our work and the well-being of others with dedication to our
own wellness, and encourage all to be their authentic, whole selves.
Appointment or Drop-in?
Scheduled appointments are designed to address long-term planning questions and other detailed concerns with an advisor specializing in majors/minors within a Flight Path.
Advising topics covered in 30-minute appointments can include:
- Detailed review and updating of your degree guide
- In-depth academic and career exploration/planning
- Career exploration and major selection support
- Academic questions and concerns
- Accessing academic and career resources and opportunities
- Other questions that arise throughout your educational and career journey at the UO
Drop-In Advising is designed to address your most immediate advising questions and concerns. General questions are well-suited for drop-ins, and brief, Flight Path-specific questions may be addressed based on advisor availability. Advisors will refer students to schedule follow-up appointments for questions that are less immediate, if time does not allow for all questions to be answered.
Advising topics covered in drop-in advising:
- Quick schedule questions (current and next term)
- General questions about:
- Core education
- Campus deadlines, policies/procedures
- How to’s (enroll, use the catalog, read degree guide, etc.)
- Referrals to campus resources
- Start academic and career exploration/planning
(in-person and virtual)
- Monday - Friday: 8am – 5pm
Schedule an Appointment
How to Schedule in Navigate:
- Log in with your UO Duck ID
- Select "Schedule an Appointment"
- Choose Tykeson Flight Paths and College of Arts and Sciences
- Choose your Flight Path or meeting topic for "Service"
- Select "Find Available Time"
- Choose a day and time that works for you or search by advisor or meeting type (Teams/Zoom, Phone, or In-Person)
- Input your reason for meeting in the empty text box to give your advisor a heads up on what you want to talk about, and make sure your phone number is entered
- Select "Schedule" to Confirm Appointment
(in-person and virtual)
- Monday - Friday: 10am - 3pm
Join our Queue for Drop-In
- Visit our Front Desk in Tykeson Hall,
- Call our Front Desk at 541-346-9200, or
- Chat our Front Desk
Download Teams for Chat and Virtual Appointments
The Tykeson College and Career Advising administrative and leadership team leads and manages TCCA's operational framework.
Find Your Flight Path by Major or Minor Program
Leadership & Administrative Skills