Advisors in the Office of Academic Advising help new students make a smooth transition to the university and assist continuing students in many ways. It is a place where students can sit down with an advisor one-on-one and discuss their individual concerns and questions. In addition, advisors help students develop meaningful educational plans that are compatible with their life goals. Specialized advising is available for students who are undeclared (have not chosen a major).
The Office of Academic Advising works directly with undeclared majors. Please call us to schedule an appointment at 541-346-3211. We look forward to speaking with you!
Preparing for your advising appointment:
- SPRING 2017 - Freshmen Students - Please fill out the UO Advising Syllabus/Advising Survey before your appointment.
- Check the FAQ page to see if you can find an answer to your question
- Bring a list of questions that you want to discuss.
- Be open to reviewing course options, addressing academic problems or concerns, making decisions about the upcoming quarter, and exploring major/minor options.
- Make a list of potential courses you are interested in taking for the next quarter.
- Explore departmental websites or review the UO Catalog for majors that you are interested in pursuing.
- Review your degree guide (through DuckWeb) and bring a copy to your appointment.
- Arrive in advance of your scheduled appointment time. Students arriving 10 minutes or more past their scheduled appointment times will need to reschedule their appointments. If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, you must cancel at least 24 hours in advance.
Each student is an important new member of our student community. We want each student’s experience at the University of Oregon to be a successful one!
Students with declared majors are assigned to—or choose—an advisor from their major department, usually by the end of their first term. Students can check the name of their assigned faculty advisor by looking at the "Student General Information" screen of Duck Web.