We are accepting applications for the 2017/2018 school year through April 28, 2017. Please fill out the following application and follow the included instructions.
If you’d like more information about becoming a Peer LINK Advisor, please contact Interim Peer LINK Advising Coordinator Kris Katkus.
2017-2018 Peer LINK University Peer Advising Program Job Description
Peer LINK Advisors support the Office of Academic Advising throughout the academic year, linking UO students with information, resources, and support. Peer LINK Advisors work in cooperation with Office of Academic Advising staff to help students create pathways to personal and academic success.
- Offering drop-in advising hours in the Office of Academic Advising as well as various other campus locations.
- Explaining general education requirements
- Providing general guidance with course selection
- Co-creating students’ course plans
- Leading workshops
- Helping students navigate campus
- Connecting students with campus resources and academic support services
- Helping students identify additional academic or co-curricular opportunities
- Serving as a comfortable and continuous point of contact for other students
Qualifications and Expectations
Qualified applicants are sophomore, junior or senior students enrolled in a minimum of 8 credits. Peer LINK Advisor appointments are for the academic year (September through June). We seek students from diverse academic and personal backgrounds who possess:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An interest in positively engaging with and helping other students
- The ability to work effectively in teams
- A commitment to promoting equity and inclusion at UO
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality and uphold policies set forth by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)