After admission to the University of Oregon, you will need to attend a New Student Academic Orientation. You must be formally admitted to the UO by the deadline established by the Office of Admissions in order to participate in a New Student Academic Orientation.
All of our programs provide:
- An introduction to general academic and graduation requirements.
- The opportunity to meet with a departmental or undeclared adviser who will help you select classes for the upcoming term and clarify the registration process.
- A Student Handbook, and a University of Oregon Catalog.
- Information about registration on DUCK WEB.
- Your PIN number for registration. The PIN number will be required to register for your first term at the university. Remember, you must attend a New Student Academic Orientation before receiving a PIN number and attempting to register.
Which orientation program is for you?
- EARLY SESSION (in May) is for students admitted for FALL term who transferred at least 45 credits from another institution.
- Week of Welcome (in September) is for students admitted for FALL term who could not attend IntroDUCKtion
- Transfer Students may attend IntroDUCKtion, Week of Welcome, or the May program listed for Mid-Year Orientation.
It is MANDATORY for all FORMALLY ADMITTED undergraduate students (including former CEP students) to attend a New Student Academic Orientation before a PIN number can be released and activated.